Everything you need to know about Apple’s new iPad Air 2
Apple unveiled iPad Air 2 and iPad mini 3 at the special event on October 16.
iPad Air 2 sports an ultra-thin design, which at 6.1 mm thick is 18% thinner than the original iPad Air. It also comes with a new Retina display with anti-reflective coating, second generation 64-bit A8X chip, all-new iSight and FaceTime HD cameras, faster Wi-Fi and LTE wireless, and includes the much requested Touch ID fingerprint identity sensor. It is powered by the new Apple-designed A8X chip, which delivers a 40 percent improvement in CPU performance and 2.5 times the graphics performance of iPad Air, and still delivers the up to 10-hour battery life.
iPad Air 2 will be available for preorder from Friday, October 17th, and will go on sale sometime next week.
- Apple unveils iPad Air 2 with Thinner design, Touch ID, better camera, A8X chip and more
- Official iPad Air 2 Tech specs
- iPad Air 2 vs iPad mini 3: Tech specs shootout
- iPad Air 2 and iPad mini 3 pre-orders begin October 17, ship end of next week
- iPad Air 2 starts at $499, iPad mini 3 starts at $399
- Cellular iPad Air 2 and iPad mini 3 come with ‘Apple SIM’: One SIM card with flexibility to choose carrier